Friday, November 18, 2011

Sent December Care Packages


I sent my December Care Packages today!

I had 3 Large Flat Rate Boxes to send. 

Box 1: 10 lb. 11.8 oz. = $12.95
Box 2: 8 lb. 3.4 oz. = $12.95
Box 3: 7 lb. 9 oz. = $12.95

The lady did tell me that by using the Large Flat Rate Box for box 1 I saved $11.00 cause it would have been $23.95 to send it in another box. So if you are sending heavier things and they can fit in the Flat Rate Boxes that is your best route.


For my other two boxes I went in and asked how to send those. They said that if there isn't very much writing on it than I could just write on a piece of paper the address, or I could go and buy Postal Wrapping Paper.

I went and bought the Postal Wrapping Paper cause I didn't want the christmas wrapping paper to get ruined. For 1 roll 37.5 square feet (30 in X 15 ft) at Shopko was $2.34 including the tax. Super cheap!



It's kinda hard to work with cause it is thick and rolls up on you. But other than that it's just like wrapping paper.



The large box (dart board): 6 lb. 13.90 oz. = $11.80 for Parcel Post
I was really surprised that it was so cheap!!! Yay!

The small box (socker boppers): 12.40 oz. = $3.41 for First-Class Parcel



So the grand total to send all those was....... $54.06




I had to fill out a customs form for each box.



You don't need to be exact on your item list. Just short and sweet! For the shipmates gift box I just wrote "Toys" for the treats and decor "Decorations, and Treats" for his presents "Toys, Pj's" They don't need to know every little detail.

I like to always have Large Flat Rate Boxes at my house as well as Customs Forms so that when I go to the Post Office I'm ready to go. 


Pretty simple! :D


Hope this helps! Have a great day!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment