Thursday, November 17, 2011

Christmas Care Package's 2011

I have 3 boxes of Christmas care packages to send. Christmas decorations and snacks to help get everyone in the holiday spirit! Christmas gifts for some of his fellow shipmates and of course his very own gifts!!!

Since he will be deploying this Dec. 2011 he has already had his "Christmas" from my mom, dad and myself (PSP with some games and memory card).  But, he still needs some gifts to open for Christmas day.



*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



For his decorations care package box he has.....



~ 2 Santa Clause heads
~ Fake Lights Garland
~ Green Bead Garland
~ Santa Hat- It says, "Santa's Helper"
~ Little Christmas Tree
~ A very large stocking to put his present's in


I got all of the decorations at the Dollar Store!


His shipmate's gifts include......


~ Balloon Making Kit
~ Hatch 'N Grow Alien
~ Toy soldiers
~ Punch Balloon
~ Play Dough 
~ Fairy Barbie
~ Chapstick
~ Glow Sticks
~ Silly String
~ "Dinosaur King" Card Trading Game
~ Yoyo
~ Bible card games
~ Candy Canes 


I got all these gifts from the Dollar Store! One of my most favorite places to shop!!!


I wrapped some of the gifts




Than put them in Wine Bottle Bags also from the Dollar Store!





A dart board and a pair of Socker Boppers from Wal-Mart $10 each! I wanted to get some gifts that he can share and use with his shipmates, this way he doesn't have to store them in his rack and take up space!



So funny story! I was trying to think of what I could send to hang the dart board with. My first thought was double sided sticky tape! That stuff is super sticky. Went to the store today with a friend and I asked her thinking she may have another idea. This is what I said... "I am sending double sided sticky tape to hang the dart board with, cause he can drill a hole in the wall, its made of medal! Can you think of anything else I could use instead?" Her response... "Uh a magnet?" lol what a genius idea!!! So, sending along a roll of a magnet strip. Got it at Roberts Crafts for $6.99





He also got some goodies to help remind him of home!



~ Sausage and Crackers
~ Pumpkin Seeds
~ Butterfingers
~ Protein Bars
~ Fruit Bars
~ ThinQ (it's a all-natural drink)
~ Crystal Light drink mixes
~ Mio Liquid water enhancement
~ Knife


I'm going to try and send him some fun things to try. I have read on another website (I'm not sure what one) but they would send their son funny named food items or that looked funky, or from another cultures. I thought it sounded fun!

One thing that I will try to send with almost every box is the powdered drink mixes. Last deployment I sent my husband some from the Dollar Store and he said that him and his shipmates would drink them the day he got them.



A list of what will be in his stocking this year!



~ Whoopee Cushion
~ Du Rag
~ Burt's Bees Lip Balm
~ Mega Blast (Noise Maker)
~ Hatch 'N Grow Alien
~ Yoyo
~ Balloon Animal Making Kit
~ 3 Pack Wooden Puzzles
~ Magic Set
~ "Dinosaur King" Trading Card Game
~ Dart Tips
~ Glow Sticks
~ Fairy Barbie
~ Bible Card Games
~ Silly String
~ Jacks



And of course some PJ's for Christmas Eve is tradition!
I decided to do a theme with his PJ's!


~ Superman Pants
~ Superman Undies
~ Superman Shirt

I also found this really cute poem that someone had wrote about superman! I cropped his head out of a picture and replaced it with superman's! It makes me laugh every time I look at it, I think he will get a kick out of it also!





*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



I had a blast decorating the inside of the care packages, I have never done this on his previous deployment not thinking about it! It is so much fun and gives you something to do while watching TV or listening to music. 




Box 1






My first decorative Care Package box! It took me hours to do!!!! Crazy right? Well, I had no idea what to do but I had to start somewhere! I think next time I will come up with an outline to help move things a little faster!

I used scraps of old wrapping paper, card stock, some Modge Podge, old ribbon, sharpies and my Cricut!



Box 2




Box 3



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



To make the Care Packages more festive and to help bring the holiday season to him, I added some candles from Bath And Body Works to help smell up the packages for when he opens them!





I got the 1.6 oz candles $3.50 or 3/$5 (I got 2 of each scent)

~ Winter - My Favorite!!!

I also will be sending a Scentportable for his rack since he doesn't have anywhere to put a plug in an air freshener! 



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


So, almost done with this very LONG post!


What I like to do before packing the boxes is putting any kind of food items in bags if they fit. A few reasons why, if they happen to explode there isn't a big mess, especially liquids!!! I can't remember what I sent but it had exploded and made the inside of the box a disaster from what I hear. Also, he can use them to store things in if he needs too. Like candies once he opens and they don't reseal he can use that bag, or for whatever else is needed!




I packed the food and decorations in the same box! That box was very hard to close!!! I had to sit on it and made sure I taped it really well.




His presents with 2 of his shipmates presents as well. 




I forgot to take a picture of how I packed his shipmates presents, I just layed   them down nothing to fancy or special!


There were two presents that didn't fit in the boxes. One was because it was too big (Dart Board) and the other cause I didn't have room (Socker Boppers). I will write an update post on the cost to ship these and how I shipped these two that didn't fit!




The boxes all ready to be shipped!!!!





Sorry for this post being so long! I just want to help give details on what I did, the pricing and pictures!!! I love visual aids, that is why I started this blog was to help those who are like me!


Thanx for reading!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment